The Texas Society for Vascular and Endovascular Surgery (TSVES) welcome abstracts for oral or poster submissions.
The 2022 submission deadline is October 1, 2022. Please read the submission guidelines carefully.
SUBMISSION AND ACCME POLICIES:
Authors are required to complete the conflict of interest section when submitting an abstract. Additionally, the submitting/corresponding author will now be asked the following two questions during the submission process:
• What professional practice gap does this abstract address?
• How will this abstract influence change in competence, performance or patient outcomes?
ACCME Policy on Employees of Commercial Interests
Industry employees can be authors, but cannot be presenters if the content of the abstract relates to the business lines and products of its employer.
HOW TO SUBMIT ABSTRACTS
The TSVES abstract submission site is the only method used to submit your abstract. You will be prompted to enter your contact information and upload your abstracts.
- Follow the instructions as requested by the program and complete all submission steps.
- Please be sure to click "Save and Return" at the bottom of the submission form to save your work in progress.
- Create an account to return to your submission for editing. To complete each step, make sure that you have entered information into all of the required fields and click the “Save” button.
- Abstracts that do not adhere to the submission policy will not be confirmed as complete by the system. Only completed abstracts will be considered.
- The submission site will send you a confirmation email once your submission is complete.
Notification of acceptance will be emailed approximately 10 days after the deadline.
REQUIRED ABSTRACT FORMAT AND SUBMISSION INSTRUCTIONS
The title should be entered in Title Case and bolded. DO NOT use a period at the end of the title. Example: A Properly Formatted Title
The system will allow you to designate an author as a Primary Author. As such, this will be the main point of contact for information regarding this submission. If the submitter is not the primary author, please ensure that the primary author's email and phone is correctly listed. Additional authors also may be entered and the system allows you to change the place that authors will appear in listings. Primary authors are typically the principal investigator or principally contributing author.
It is the policy of the TSVES that either the primary author or one of the co-authors of each abstract must be a member of the Society. If none of the authors are members of the Society, a member of the Society must sponsor the abstract. The TSVES will send all correspondence regarding the submission to the primary author or member sponsor. Member Sponsors are required to forward a letter to the Society’s Administrative Offices or upload the letter with your on-line abstract submission.
When entering your abstract text, do not include title or authors in this text. After you enter the text of your abstract, click the Submit button to save your work. Once the Abstract text is saved, you will be given the opportunity to add a graphic or table to this submission. IMPORTANT: No reference should be made in or on the abstract to the name of the authors or institutions. Also, DO NOT REFERENCE THE INSTITUTION IN THE BODY OF THE ABSTRACT. Failure to follow this guideline will result in the abstract being excluded from Review by the Program Committee.
REQUIRED ABSTRACT FORMAT AND STYLE GUIDELINES:
Abstracts are limited to 400 words (50 word minimum).
One table, image or figure may be used within your abstract, and counts for 25 words. For Case Presentations, a maximum of 5 images and/or figures may be used within your abstract.
Your abstract should be structured as follows.
Objectives: A brief statement of the purpose of the study and the current state of research in the field.
Methods: The methods of study or experimental approach clearly, but briefly, defined.
Results: A summary of the results of the study, including sufficient details to support those conclusions. These may be presented in a brief table.
Conclusions: A statement concerning the significance of the work and its possible implications for future research.
- PowerPoint and Excel files cannot be uploaded in the system.
- If you do not maintain within with minimum or maximum character limit, the system will not accept your submission as “complete” and will show your submission as “incomplete” in the list of submitted abstracts.
- Do not include title or authors within the abstract text.
- Do not include institution identifiers within the body of the abstract.
- Format in boldface type the Objective(s), Methods, Results and Conclusions.
- Do not use footnotes or references.
Options for entering text in the system:
Enter your abstract text in the text box or upload a Microsoft Word document file directly into the system.
- Graphics cannot be uploaded to the abstract body text box and should be submitted separately from the abstract text. Choose the graphic you wish to upload and then click the Continue button to send your file.
- The recommended graphic size, to optimize resolution, is 2 inches wide by 3 inches tall and 300 DPI. Please note the graphic may appear large on screen, however it will be adapted for publication. Supported formats are listed in the uploader instructions.
Tables cannot be uploaded to the abstract body text box unless in MS Word Format and should be submitted separately from the abstract text. MS Excel is not accepted through the document uploader.
TOPIC (CATEGORY) – Authors are required to select a category for their submission:
A – Open and Endovascular Aortic Repair
B – Basic Science
C – Carotid Artery Interventions
D – Peripheral Arterial Open Procedures
E – Peripheral Endovascular Procedures
F – Venous Disease
G – Vascular Lab
H – Dialysis Access
I – Other
PRESENTATION TYPES - You must indicate the preferred presentation type as follows:
- Oral (Podium)
- Case Report or Series
FOR FURTHER INFORMATION AND INQUIRIES ABOUT ANNUAL MEETING/ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS, PLEASE CONTACT:
333 South State St., Ste v324
Lake Oswego, Oregon 97034